Frequent Asked Questions

Where can I get help?

Send an email to


When can I pay for the permit?

The permit fee shall be paid after permit approval and you shall be issued a receipt.

What is the mode of fee payment?

The fee is paid by MPESA or through the bank.

What is the duration of the permit fee?

The permit is paid annually upon renewal

Do I need a research pass?

Yes, you will obtain a research pass from the Immigration Department of Kenya and submit it together with the application for renewal of research permits

Which kind of activities require this permit?

Research with or without sampling/collections; field schools

Which jurisdictions does the permit?

Protected and Non-protected areas, community and private land

Will I require other permits?

Yes, from other relevant agencies depending on your study.

Who should apply for a permit?

The study’s Principal Investigator

Proceed Booking

Skip to content